The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST) will become a model for change in education and research with the best international graduate students, working side by side with world-class faculty in modern well-equipped laboratories. Beautifully situated on the island of Okinawa, OIST relies on a cross-disciplinary approach, with an emphasis on creativity and exchange, to offer unique, individualized graduate training. OIST is a university with no departments, eliminating artificial barriers between people working in different fields, but many nationalities, with students and faculty being attracted from all over the world. Concentrating initially on Neuroscience, Molecular Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental and Ecological Sciences and Physical Sciences, OIST is bringing some of the best brains in the world to Okinawa to transform the way science and education is done in the global academic world.
Researcher position for investigating cellular and molecular mechanisms of presynaptic functions
Position: Staff Scientist or Postdoctoral Scholar
Unit: Cellular and Molecular Synaptic Function Unit (PI, Tomoyuki Takahashi)
Onna-son, Okinawa, Japan
- Patch-clamp recording from giant calyx-type presynaptic terminals in slices or culture to study functional changes induced by molecular manipulations.
- Real time imaging of synaptic vesicles in giant presynaptic terminals in culture to study their recycling dynamics.
(Please visit our laboratory homepage: https://groups.oist.jp/cmsfu)
- Ph.D. degree
- Experience in patch clamp recording or imaging
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 year (possible extension on satisfactory performance). Contract initially with 3 month probationary period (inclusive).
In accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ),
welfare pension insurance, worker’s accident compensation insurance
- Curriculum Vitae along with the contact information for three references
- Summary of research interests and experience
As early as possible (Negotiable)
Application Due Date:
Applications deadline will continue until the position is filled
Please submit all required application materials by email to:
(Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
Or send documents via post mail to:
Sayori Gordon (Ms.), Cellular and Molecular Synaptic Function Unit
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Tancha, Onna-son, Okinawa, Japan Zip code, 904-0495
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Further details about the Institute can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).