RIKEN is currently accepting applications for the FY 2018 Special Postdoctoral Researcher (SPDR) Program, from young, creative, independent researchers who will be a powerful force in furthering RIKEN’s research activities.
Number of openings: Around 60
Mathematical Sciences, Physics (Physics I: particle, nuclear, astrophysics, etc., and Physics II: condensed matter), Chemistry, Biology (cell biology, developmental biology, plant biology, structural biology, microbiology, imaging, measuring, etc.), Medical science (brain science, psychology, immunology, oncology, genome science, etc.) and engineering that relate to research being conducted at RIKEN.
Capable of independent and responsible pursuit of a research topic. See SPDR website for details.
Salary and benefits (FY 2016 figures):
- Annual salary paid in monthly installments of 487,000 yen (gross amount).
- Commuting allowance (actual cost up to maximum of 55,000 yen per month)
- Housing allowance (partial payment of rent)
- Research budget: 1,000,000 yen per year
- SPDR is a fixed-term contract employee with a contract that must be renewed each year.
- Contract can be renewed on the basis of an evaluation up to 3 years from the date of hire.
Applications will be accepted from February 1, Wednesday, to April 19, Wednesday, 2017.
Note: The provisions for this position are premised on RIKEN’s current budget and are subject to change with any change in the budget. Please check the website for details.