The Call for Application of 2018 JNS-SfN Exchange Travel Award, which originated in Year 2012, was open from April 3 to May 9 this year. We received a total of 25 applications from a variety of academic and research institutions. The selection process was taken in charge by the International Collaboration Affairs Committee of the JNS (A full member list is indicated below).
We here extend our heartfelt congratulations to the following 5 awardees of the Year 2018:
- Xiaodong Li (Group of Neural Circuit Division of Biological Science Graduate School of Science Nagoya University)
- Tatsuya Murakami (Graduate School of Medicine, the University of Tokyo)
- Ayako Ouchi (Laboratory of Chemical Pharmacology, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo)
- Shingo Soya (International Institute of Integrative Sleep Medicine at Tsukuba university)
- Suguru Takagi (Department of Physics, Graduate School of Science, The University of Tokyo)
As ambassadors of the JNS, the awardees will attend the International Fellows Orientation Session and International Fellows Poster Session on the first day of the SfN’s Annual Meeting.
The criteria for selection were scientific excellence, as evaluated based on the submitted abstract, essay letter, and the candidates’ CV, and committee members did not participate in the evaluation of a candidate with a conflict of interest. Although this Award was initiated to support young scientists suffering from the outcome of the Great East Japan Earthquake in 2011, it is now recognized as an Award of prestige for young JNS researchers, as demonstrated by the number of outstanding applications we receive. Therefore in recent years, we decided to award the scientifically very best applications.
Please contact the JNS office (email@example.com) for any feedback or comments about this Award.
June 1st, 2018,
The International Collaboration Affairs Committee of the JNS,