Kasai Lab has discovered the structural plasticity of dendritic spines, and extending it for mechanistic understanding of the brain, by developing various optical and molecular tools. Also belonging to International Research Center of Neurointelligence (IRCN), we are constructing a new set of methodology which allows us to label the neuronal areas and circuits involved in a particular learning state with the help of AI, and to help development of new AI. We are looking for young researcher from all over the world to join our adventure.
特任研究員 (Postdoctoral Fellow or Research Assistant Professor)
April 1, 2020 (Negotiable)
The first contract will be ended on March 31, 2021. The contract is renewable on a fiscal year basis (from April 1 to March 31; every year) according to research budget, research activity, and research achievements. Contract duration is until March 31, 2025.
Probationary period is 6 months from the date of arrival.
Place of Work
International Research Center for Neurointelligence
The University of Tokyo, Institutes for Advanced Study
7-3-1 Hongo Bunkyo-ku Tokyo, 113-0033 JAPAN
● Ph.D. in Biology, or Neuroscience and a related field
● Good communication skill in English
● Experiences in molecular, cellular and behavioral neuroscience will be preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
- ● Salary: To be determined in accordance with the University of Tokyo Regulations
- ● Commuter allowance: JPY55,000 per month at maximum
- ● Social Insurance: Eligible for MEXT* Mutual Aid Association membership, employees’ pension, employment insurance, and workers’ accident compensation insurance.
(*MEXT: Japan’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology)
- ● Vacation: Annual paid vacation, Sick leave (paid), Special vacation (paid)
Applications and Selection Process
First deadline: December 31, 2019
* Applications will be accepted until eligible candidates are found.
- ● Cover letter in English
- ● Curriculum vita in English
- ● Publication list
- ● Name and contact address for two references, one of which should be a previous employer
Submission: Interested applicants should send application materials to: bm2#m.u-tokyo.ac.jp (Please replace # with @ before using this email address)
Selection Process: All applications will be screened, and only those qualified will be scheduled for an interview (on-site or via video).
The University of Tokyo
- * Submitted documents will not be returned.
- * Travel cost will not be paid in screening process.