Accelerate your career and make an impact: an opportunity for early-career researchers
CIFAR is a Canadian-based global charitable organization that convenes extraordinary minds to address the most important questions facing science and humanity. By supporting long-term interdisciplinary collaboration, CIFAR provides researchers with an unparalleled environment of trust, transparency and knowledge sharing. Our time-tested model inspires new directions of inquiry, accelerates discovery and yields breakthroughs across borders and academic disciplines. CIFAR’s community of fellows includes 20 Nobel laureates and more than 400 researchers from 22 countries. In 2017, the Government of Canada appointed CIFAR to develop and lead the Pan-Canadian Artificial Intelligence Strategy, the world’s first national AI strategy.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program supports exceptional early-career researchers with funding, mentorship, a global network, and professional skills development.
Each CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholar receives:
- A two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put their skills into action, through participation in two cross-cohort annual meetings.
Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research. NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply. Applicants’ research interests must complement or contribute to the themes and goals of an eligible CIFAR research program. In 2020, the CIFAR research programs eligible to accept applications are:
- Child & Brain Development
- Learning in Machines & Brains
- Quantum Information Science
- Quantum Materials
Please read the Detailed Program Overview for full eligibility requirements.
The deadline to submit applications is February 5, 2020 – 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone (UTC -8).
For more information:
Visit our website, cifar.ca/global-scholars, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.