Toshihiko Tokizane Memorial Award for Excellent Graduate Study in Neuroscience Guidelines for applications in 2020
Application Form: Toshihiko Tokizane Memorial Award for Excellent Graduate Study in Neuroscience
Recommendation Letter: Toshihiko Tokizane Memorial Award for Excellent Graduate Study in Neuroscience
- Purpose This Award applauds excellent graduate studies in the field of neuroscience and thereby encourages young researchers and promotes further development of research in the field.
- Research theme The study proposed for the award should be the applicant’s graduate study in the field of Neuroscience.
- Award content An award certificate and a supplementary prize of 100,000 yen (research fund) are provided to each awardee.
- Application The applicant shall submit an application form in accordance with the prescribed format, together with a copy of the applicant’s student identification card or that of the applicant’s Ph. D. certificate, to the Toshihiko Tokizane Memorial Brain Research Promotion Fund Secretariat. The PhD supervisor who supervised (or is currently supervising) the applicant’s doctoral study shall submit a recommendation letter in accordance with the prescribed format directly to the Toshihiko Tokizane Memorial Brain Research Promotion Fund Secretariat.
- Target researchers The award is intended for the researchers who satisfy the following two conditions.
1) Enrolled in a doctoral course or within two years after receiving the doctoral degree at the time of application deadline.
2) A study proposed for the award should be the one related to neuro/brain science and pursued during the applicant’s doctor program.
- Application deadline Both the application and recommendation letter have to be sent to the Toshihiko Tokizane Memorial Brain Research Promotion Fund Secretariat by March 6th, 2020 (due NLT). Application deadline: March 6th, 2020 (due NLT)
- Selection No more than five awardees will be selected among the applicants each year. The awardees will be first selected by the Selection Committee of the Toshihiko Tokizane Memorial Award for Excellent Graduate Study and then by the Steering Committee of the Toshihiko Tokizane Memorial Brain Research Promotion Fund. Ten to fifteen candidates will be selected from the applicants by the application documents, and the applicants who have passed this first step of selection will make presentations in the Selection Session held on July 28th, 2020 at the same site where the JNS meeting will be held from July 29th. Those who do not attend the Selection Session will be excluded from the selection.
- Commendation and fund delivery The awardees will be commended in the 43rd Annual Meeting of the Japan Neuroscience Society in 2020. The research funds will be sent to the awardees by bank transfer.
- Mailing address for application Public Trust Group, Retail Trust Assets Administration Division, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation 3-36-16, Nakano, Nakano-ku, Tokyo 164-0001, Japan For international Fax: +81-3-5328-0586 For domestic/Japan Fax: 03-5328-0586 (Office Hours: Monday through Friday from 9:00 to 17:00 Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: closed)